Tubes and Filters
Frequently Asked Questions
Coronavirus FAQs for Sleep Apnea Patients
Inspiration Medic understands that during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak you may have some questions about the coronavirus as it relates to sleep apnea. Inspiration Medic encourages you to visit The Government of Canada website to review current information on the coronavirus. The information below is for informational purposes only. Inspiration Medic is unable to provide specific medical advice regarding COVID-19.
Inspiration Medic has reopened with the highest level of safety measures in place to protect and safeguard you against the spread of COVID-19
In-person and Virtual Care appointments can be conveniently booked by calling our Customer Care Team at 613-747-2468.
While in-person appointments can be arranged, we encourage patients to take advantage of our new virtual services. Our virtual care appointments are conducted by our accredited team of sleep health professionals who will ensure each patient receives the same patient-centered premium sleep care
Yes. Clinic hours of business have changed and our clinics will be open with reduced hours. Please check our about page or call our customer care team for the most up to date information.
To ensure the safety of our patients and our healthcare team members we have adapted our clinics including installing plexiglass shields, signage and floor decals. We have also implemented new clinic procedures for in-person appointments including:
- Pre-screening all patients for COVID-19 prior to accepting in-person appointments.
- Checking temperatures of all patients and healthcare team members using non-contact forehead infrared thermometers.
- Requiring all Inspiration Medic healthcare team members wear PPE during appointments.
- Requesting patients bring their own mask and put on the mask prior to entering the clinic.
- Providing hand sanitizing stations and following strict hand hygiene protocols.
- Increasing the frequency of sanitization of high-touch areas and surfaces.
- Limiting the number of people in each clinic at one time and practicing physical distancing protocols.
- Asking patients to wait in their cars or outside the clinic doors until their scheduled appointment time.
All in-person appointment information will be shared with you prior to your appointment. To ensure the safety of you and our team members you should be aware of the following safety measures for your in-person appointment:
- We request, if possible, that you attend your appointment alone.
- We request patients bring their own mask and put on the mask prior to entering the clinic. Masks or personal protective equipment will be mandatory for our health care team.
- Upon arrival, we encourage you to wait in your vehicle until your scheduled appointment time.
- We will perform patient temperature checks utilizing a non-contact forehead infrared thermometer.
- We request that you follow the physical distancing signage and remain 2 meters/6 feet apart from other patients and clinical team members.
- We require that you clean your hands with hand sanitizer before your appointment. Disinfecting stations will be available at our reception desk.
Yes. While we would prefer you book an appointment, you can still visit a clinic without an appointment. Clinic requirements will vary by location. Please follow the instructions posted on the door before entering the clinic.
Yes. We request patients bring their own mask and put on the mask prior to entering the clinic. Masks or personal protective equipment will also be mandatory for our healthcare teams.
Yes. We request patients bring their own mask and put on the mask prior to entering the clinic. At this time, we are unable to supply masks for patients.
No. While it is not mandatory for you to wear a mask, it is strongly advised by Canadian health authorities that patients wear a mask for in-person appointments. We request patients bring their own mask and put on the mask prior to entering the clinic. We will not be able to supply masks for patients. Masks or personal protective equipment will be mandatory for our healthcare teams.
In order to respect safe distances, we are limiting the number of people in clinics. We request that, if possible, you attend your in-person appointment alone. Our virtual appointments are better suited to include family or members of your care support team. If you would like to include a family member we would encourage you to book a virtual appointment. Contact 613-747-2468 to book your virtual appointment.
Yes. To provide the safest experience for you and our health care teams, Inspiration Medic is offering virtual appointments. Contact us to schedule a virtual appointment. You will be provided with all of the information you will need and instructions on how to set up your call prior to your appointment. Our remote setups will provide you with the same support and guidance as one of our in-person appointments.
Prior to your appointment, you will receive an email with your appointment date, time and setup instructions. If you have any questions or difficulties setting up your call, our healthcare team is available to assist you. Call the phone number at the bottom of your email for help.
Inspiration Medic is offering free shipping on orders over $75 or contactless pick-up of CPAP products and sleep accessories. Call our Customer Care Team at 613-747-2468 to order replacement parts.
Yes. We are offering curbside pickup for any supplies that you may require. Please contact us at 613-747-2468 to place your order and arrange for pickup. If you must come inside the clinic, please be aware of the new safety procedures that have been implemented at our clinics.
Your health and safety is our highest priority. A new mask, heated hose and water chamber are included in the cost of starting treatment. At the start of treatment, you will also have the option to purchase a new CPAP machine or be provided a loaner machine to help you adapt to the therapy. All loaner equipment is cleaned and disinfected in compliance with strict provincial health and safety standards. Most insurance providers cover a portion or full cost of CPAP treatment.